Sunday, September 11, 2016

Dairy Alternatives - I Might Be Lactose Intolerant

Recently more and more people have become sensitive to gluten, eggs, soy, and/or dairy. I am one of them. My body cannot handle dairy, and sometimes gluten. When I found out about six years ago that I might be lactose intolerant, my hubby and I started focusing on dairy-free cooking. And lately we are trying to reduce gluten intake as much as possible too.

Items that we use instead of cow products are made of coconut: coconut oil and coconut milk.

Coconut oil can be used like butter. We use it for toast, French toast, and for many other things. We buy virgin coconut oil over non-virgin. Virgin coconut oil is off course more expensive, but the quality is better.



Coconut milk is like milk or cream. We use it for soup, curry, French toast, pancake.


Coconut milk and chicken broth make a very good soup. We want to learn how to make dessert using coconut milk too.

Every since I started avoiding cow milk products as much as possible, I get a stomach pain and have indigestion less often. Eating out used to be kind of a tricky thing for me, but luckily more restaurants nowadays have a menu that indicates which dish is vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, or dairy free.

I am still learning what I can eat and cannot eat though, I am happy with the changes we have made to our diet;)



Thank you for reading my blog!
Have a nice day!





I am writing a blog in Japanese too.
My Japanese blog
ハワイライフ始めました♪

No comments:

Post a Comment